Creamed Chicken with Noodles
Creamy white sauce, fresh vegetables, and precooked chicken breast combine to create a warm, hearty meal in just 30 minutes.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 324
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 28.8g
- Carbohydrate: 39.5g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 819mg
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Calcium: 132mg
- 1 cup uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in broth and milk.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and celery; cook, stirring constantly, 6 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed and onion is tender. Stir in broth mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Add chicken and peas; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley. Serve over hot cooked pasta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note