Creamed Chicken In Patty Shells
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 commercial patty shells, baked
- Sauté mushrooms and green pepper in 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan until tender. Set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, and stir until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Combine milk and chicken broth; gradually add to flour mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in sautéed vegetables, chicken, and pimiento.
- Beat yolks. Gradually stir one-fourth hot mixture into yolks; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except patty shells; stir into creamed mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Spoon mixture into patty shells. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes