Creamed Chicken In Patty Shells
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 commercial patty shells, baked
- Sauté mushrooms and green pepper in 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan until tender. Set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, and stir until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Combine milk and chicken broth; gradually add to flour mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in sautéed vegetables, chicken, and pimiento.
- Beat yolks. Gradually stir one-fourth hot mixture into yolks; add to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except patty shells; stir into creamed mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Spoon mixture into patty shells. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note