- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1/2 medium-size green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- Toast points
How to Make It
Combine chicken, mushrooms, egg, green pepper, and pimiento. Set aside.
Melt butter in top of a double boiler over boiling water. Add flour, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk and chicken broth, blending well. Cook until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in salt, paprika, celery seeds, and chicken mixture, mixing well. Serve hot over toast points.
Note: May substitute chopped cooked shrimp for chicken.