I'm always trying to get hubby to eat more veggies, and this recipe was a big hit. He talked about it for 2 days!
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 40 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 large cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat; add crackers, and saute until browned. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Bring cabbage and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a large saucepan. Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tender; drain. Stir in salt and pepper; keep warm.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in skillet over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir sauce and crackers into cabbage.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This