I'm always trying to get hubby to eat more veggies, and this recipe was a big hit. He talked about it for 2 days!
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 40 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 large cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat; add crackers, and saute until browned. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Bring cabbage and 1/2 cup water to a boil in a large saucepan. Cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until tender; drain. Stir in salt and pepper; keep warm.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in skillet over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir sauce and crackers into cabbage.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note