- 3 cups cooked, mashed beets (about 2 pounds)
- 1 medium-size banana pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) carton commercial sour cream
- 1 small clove garlic, halved
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
How to Make It
Combine beets, banana pepper, lemon juice, and salt. Add sour cream. Mix well.
Rub a 1-quart casserole with garlic; discard. Spoon beet mixture into prepared dish.
Combine breadcrumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
Oxmoor House Homestyle Recipes