Cream Turkey Gravy
Photo: JoAnne Barnum
Community Recipe from
- 1 can(s) chicken broth 14 1/2 oz
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- turkey drippings
- To prepare gravy, while turkey bakes, combine reserved giblet and neck and the broth in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes. Strain mixture through a colander into a bowl, discarding solids.
- Place a zip-top plastic bag inside a 2-cup glass measure. Pour pan drippings into bag; let stand 10 minutes (fat will rise to the top).
- Seal bag; carefully snip off 1 bottom corner of bag. Drain drippings into broiler pan, stopping before fat layer reaches opening; discard fat. Add broth mixture. Place broiler pan on stovetop over medium heat, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Combine milk and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Strain gravy through a sieve into a bowl. Discard solids. Stir in salt and pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JoAnne Barnum and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes