Cream Turkey Gravy
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) chicken broth 14 1/2 oz
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- turkey drippings
- To prepare gravy, while turkey bakes, combine reserved giblet and neck and the broth in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes. Strain mixture through a colander into a bowl, discarding solids.
- Place a zip-top plastic bag inside a 2-cup glass measure. Pour pan drippings into bag; let stand 10 minutes (fat will rise to the top).
- Seal bag; carefully snip off 1 bottom corner of bag. Drain drippings into broiler pan, stopping before fat layer reaches opening; discard fat. Add broth mixture. Place broiler pan on stovetop over medium heat, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Combine milk and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Strain gravy through a sieve into a bowl. Discard solids. Stir in salt and pepper.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JoAnne Barnum and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note