- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth or stock
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
How to Make It
Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened. Reduce heat; gradually stir in whipping cream. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and smooth. Stir in salt and pepper.
Use Cream Soup as a foundation for a large variety of cream soups. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of precooked meat, poultry, seafood, or vegetables. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.