Cream of Spinach Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 bag(s) 10 oz spinach
- 5 cup(s) salted water
- 2 onions very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) plain flour
- 1 cup(s) double cream
- salt and pepper
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 piece(s) bacon, crumbled
- Bring salted water to boil in large pan. Add spinach and cook for 5-6 minutes. Strain the spinach and reserve the liquid.
- Blend the spinach in a food processor or blender to puree.
- Fry the chopped onions in butter until pale golden brown. Remove from heat and sprinkle in flour. Return to heat and cook for 1-2 minutes to cook the flour.
- Sir in reserved spinach liquid and, once it is all incorporated into the soup, bring it back to boil.
- Cook until thick then stir in the spinach puree and double cream. Reheat and adjust the seasoning.
- Served garnished with extra pepper, sliced eggs and crumbled bacon pieces.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psschmidt2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note