Cream of Spinach Soup
Community Recipe from
- 2 bag(s) 10 oz spinach
- 5 cup(s) salted water
- 2 onions very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) plain flour
- 1 cup(s) double cream
- salt and pepper
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 4 piece(s) bacon, crumbled
- Bring salted water to boil in large pan. Add spinach and cook for 5-6 minutes. Strain the spinach and reserve the liquid.
- Blend the spinach in a food processor or blender to puree.
- Fry the chopped onions in butter until pale golden brown. Remove from heat and sprinkle in flour. Return to heat and cook for 1-2 minutes to cook the flour.
- Sir in reserved spinach liquid and, once it is all incorporated into the soup, bring it back to boil.
- Cook until thick then stir in the spinach puree and double cream. Reheat and adjust the seasoning.
- Served garnished with extra pepper, sliced eggs and crumbled bacon pieces.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psschmidt2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes