Fast, easy and yummy! If you don't have any leftover corned beef laying around, use canned corned beef--it works out almost as well. Tangy and warming for the tummy on a cold night;quick enough to prepare after work.
Cream of Reuben Soup
Photo: Charles Walton; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 pound cooked corned beef, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) can chopped sauerkraut, drained
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Rye bread cubes, toasted
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Combine cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth; stir mixture into soup. Bring to a boil; boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add shredded cheese and whipping cream, stirring until cheese melts. Top each serving with toasted rye bread cubes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews