Cream of Pimiento Soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 jar(s) 7 oz.diced pimiento, undrained
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 5 tablespoon(s) flour
- 29 ounce(s) chicken broth
- 3 cup(s) 1/2 & 1/2
- 4 teaspoon(s) grated onion
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) hot sauce
- Place pimiento in container of an electric blender, and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Set pimiento aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, and stir until flour mixture is smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add Chicken broth and half-and-half gradually to flour mixture, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until broth mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in pimiento, onion, salt, and hot sauce: cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated. Yield: 7 1/2 cups
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MarthaMason and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cream of Pimiento Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes