Cream of Peanut Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup milk
- Snipped chives
- Chopped peanuts for garnish (optional)
- 1. MELT butter in medium saucepan. Cook celery and onion until onion is tender, but not browned. Stir in flour and cook about one minute. Whisk in chicken broth, cooking until thickened and bubbly.
2. REMOVE from heat. Puree mixture in batches, in a blender, until smooth. Return to saucepan.
3. ADD the peanut butter and milk, stirring to blend thoroughly. Heat through, but do not boil. Serve hot or cold. Garnish with snipped chives and chopped peanuts, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews