- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Finely chopped peanuts
How to Make It
Sauté celery and onion in butter in a large Dutch oven over low heat 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
Add flour, stirring until smooth; stir in broth. Place over medium heat, and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add peanut butter, beating with a wire whisk until blended. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in half-and-half and pepper; heat just to boiling.
Ladle soup into individual serving bowls; garnish with chopped peanuts. Serve immediately.