I would use less cream. It was still delicious, but did not need all the calories added. You could also add some interesting spices to make this to your liking.
Cream Of Peach Soup
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 2 pounds ripe peaches (about 6 large)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- Garnishes: chopped and sliced peach, fresh mint sprigs, chopped mint leaves
- Dip peaches, 1 at a time, into boiling water to cover 1 minute. Plunge peaches immediately into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and slip skins off. Cut peaches into quarters.
- Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat, and add peach quarters; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Cool.
- Process peach mixture in batches in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Stir together peach mixture, whipping cream, wine, and lemon rind; chill. Garnish, if desired. Chill 2 hours.
- Prep: 15 min., Cook: 5 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note