Cream of Mushroom-and-Leek Soup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 1/4 cups thinly sliced leeks (about 3 leeks)
- 2 (8-ounce) packages sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brandy*
- 1 (2.64-ounce) package McCORMICK Original Country Gravy Mix
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add leeks, mushrooms, and salt; sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until leeks and mushrooms are tender. Add brandy, and cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in gravy mix and remaining ingredients, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated and slightly thickened. Serve immediately.
- * 2 tablespoons chicken broth may be substituted for brandy.
- Note: Soup will thicken upon standing. To thin soup, stir in 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk or until desired consistency.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews