Cream Of Lobster Soup
- 1 quart milk, scalded
- 3 tablespoons fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked lobster
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine milk and breadcrumbs in a small mixing bowl; let stand 20 minutes. Set mixture aside.
- Melt butter in a small Dutch oven over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk mixture and whipping cream; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Stir in remaining ingredients. Continue to cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately in individual soup bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note