- 1 quart milk, scalded
- 3 tablespoons fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked lobster
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
How to Make It
Combine milk and breadcrumbs in a small mixing bowl; let stand 20 minutes. Set mixture aside.
Melt butter in a small Dutch oven over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk mixture and whipping cream; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Stir in remaining ingredients. Continue to cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately in individual soup bowls.