Cream of Green Bean Soup
From Southern Living. Great way to use up the last of the green beans at the end of garden season.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 c. butter
- 2 small cloves garlic, crushed
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 1 TT lemon juice
- Dusting of Dill
- Trim and cut beans. Combine beans with broth, potatoes, butter and garlic in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat and simmer 20 min. until veggies are tender. Stir in salt, pepper and chives.
- Cool slightly. Place in batches in blender. Return to saucepan. Stir in sour cream and lemon juice. Cook until soup is thoroughly heated through. Garnish with dill if desired.
- This soup base can be frozen minus the sour cream and lemon juice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cream of Green Bean Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews