Cream of Fresh Tomato Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) good olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) red onions unpeeled and chopped
- 2 whole(s) carrots unpeeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 4 pound(s) vine-ripened tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil leaves chopped
- 3 cup(s) chicken broth home-made
- 1 tablespoon(s) kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- croutons for garnish
- Heat olive oil in large heavy bottomed pot over medium low heat. Add onion and carrots and sauté until very tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, sugar, tomato paste, basil, chicken stock, salt and pepper and stir well. Bring the soup to a boil, lower the temperature, and simmer uncovered for 30-40 minutes until the tomatoes are very tender.
- Add the cream to soup and process in food processor, food mill or blender.
- Reheat the soup over low heat and serve with julienned basil leaves and/or croutons.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kathleen64 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note