Cream of Fresh Tomato Soup
Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics recipe. Very creamy and flavorful.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) good olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cup(s) red onions unpeeled and chopped
- 2 whole(s) carrots unpeeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 4 pound(s) vine-ripened tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh basil leaves chopped
- 3 cup(s) chicken broth home-made
- 1 tablespoon(s) kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) heavy cream
- croutons for garnish
- Heat olive oil in large heavy bottomed pot over medium low heat. Add onion and carrots and sauté until very tender. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, sugar, tomato paste, basil, chicken stock, salt and pepper and stir well. Bring the soup to a boil, lower the temperature, and simmer uncovered for 30-40 minutes until the tomatoes are very tender.
- Add the cream to soup and process in food processor, food mill or blender.
- Reheat the soup over low heat and serve with julienned basil leaves and/or croutons.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kathleen64 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note