this is a fantastic recipe with surprising flavor
Cream of Curried Peanut Soup
Yield: Makes 6 cups
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 celery ribs, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Garnish: chopped peanuts
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and celery, and sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in flour, curry powder, and red pepper until smooth; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Add broth, and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter and half-and-half; cook, stirring constantly, 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Cool slightly.
- Process mixture, in batches, in a food processor or blender until smooth. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews