Cream Of Cilantro Soup With Black Bean Salsa
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Black Bean Salsa
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven or stockpot over medium-high heat; add 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, onion, and next 5 ingredients. Cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour, and cook mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, 7 minutes or until mixture is golden brown.
- Add chicken broth, stirring rapidly until blended; add bay leaf. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in pepper and whipping cream; cook 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a bowl, discarding vegetables.
- Add shredded Monterey Jack cheese and remaining 1/4 cup chopped cilantro.
- Pour soup into individual serving bowls. Spoon Black Bean Salsa in center of each bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews