Cream of Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 14 cup(s) water chopped
- 3-4 pound(s) chicken (back, wings, bones, neck)
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 cup(s) wild rice
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 ribs of celery sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) green pepper (if desired) I don't use this chopped
- Cook the first 3 ingredients as for stock 1 1/2 hours or until meat falls off bones. Remove chicken and strain. Remove as much fat as possible.
- Add the wild ride to liquid, simmer 30 minutes. Add the onion and celery. Add celery if desired. Simmer 15 minutes. Add chicken, salt and pepper to taste, 1/4-1/2 cup white wine and chicken bouillon if necessary. Bring to a boil, thicken with rue (1/2 cup flour and 3/4 cup water).
- Add 1 pt half and half. (I don't use this much)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kadnerson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cream of Chicken Wild Rice Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews