Cream of Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 chicken breast halves cooked, boneless, cubed
- 6 ounce(s) package long grain and wild rice blend quick cook version
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) carrots diced
- 1 cup(s) celery diced
- 1 cup(s) onion diced
- 3 cup(s) light cream
- Open rice, pull out seasoning packet and set aside. In a small bowl, combine pepper and flour, set aside. In a large pot over medium heat, combine broth and chicken. Bring to a boil, then stir in rice. Cover and remove from heat. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add carrots, celery and onion and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in contents of seasoning packet and continue cooking vegetables until softened, about 5 minutes more. Add seasoned flour gradually while constantly stirring, to form a roux. Saute roux for 3-4 minutes to cook out raw flour taste. Whisk in cream, a little at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth. Cook until thickened, 5 minutes. Stir cream mixture into broth and rice. Cook over medium heat until heated through and rice is done, 15-20 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mchardiman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note