Cream of celery Soup
- 1 bunch(es) celery
- 1. Prep all the ingredients. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until it's softened but not brown, 4-6 minutes.
- 2. Add the celery and cubes of potato. Cook, stirring often, until the celery starts to soften, about 5-7 minutes.
- 3. Pour in the broth and toss in the springs of thyme and the bay leaf. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to a low simmer and cook until the potatoes are soft, 10-15 minutes.
- 4. Discard the thyme sprigs and bay leaf. Use an immersion blender (or regular blender) to purée the mixture until smooth.
- 5. Pour the milk and cream into the purée and, over medium heat, simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nicolej84 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cream of celery Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews