Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- 1 large onion
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into flowerets
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Garnishes: asparagus tips, cracked black pepper
- Slice first 3 ingredients; saute in oil in a Dutch oven until tender. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Add cauliflower; cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until tender.
- Process soup in batches in a blender until smooth; return to pan. Stir in cream, salt, and white pepper; cook over low heat, stirring often, until thoroughly heated. Ladle into bowls, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews