- 1 large onion
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into flowerets
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Garnishes: asparagus tips, cracked black pepper
How to Make It
Slice first 3 ingredients; saute in oil in a Dutch oven until tender. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Add cauliflower; cook, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until tender.
Process soup in batches in a blender until smooth; return to pan. Stir in cream, salt, and white pepper; cook over low heat, stirring often, until thoroughly heated. Ladle into bowls, and garnish, if desired.