- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and chopped (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups peeled, chopped baking potato
- 1 cup chopped Vidalia onion
- 1 cup peeled, chopped fresh pear
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Place half of vegetable mixture in container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth. Repeat procedure with remaining vegetable mixture. Return pureed mixture to Dutch oven. Add whipping cream and remaining ingredients; cook just until thoroughly heated (do not boil).