Cream of Broccoli Soup
Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 package(s) (10 oz.) frozen broccoli
- 1 onion, medium
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 4-8 ounce(s) Velveeta Cheese
- 1/4-1/2 cup(s) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 can(s) cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- Mix broth and soup in a large stock pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli; return to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Heat butter in a medium skillet over medium heat; add onion. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add flour. Cook for 1 minute longer.
- Gradually stir milk into skillet. Cook, stirring continually, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper; mix well.
- Stir milk mixture into broccoli mixture. Add Velveeta Cheese. Simmer over low heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes. Ladle soup into a serving bowl. Top with cheddar cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RYCHEFREAKLIVE and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews