Cream Of Asparagus Soup
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus spears
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales from stalks. Chop asparagus.
- Combine asparagus and chicken stock in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Melt butter in a small Dutch oven over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Stir in chicken stock and asparagus. Cook over medium heat until hot. Ladle into individual soup bowls; serve warm or chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews