Cream Of Artichoke Soup
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, undrained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 quart milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of red pepper
- Sauté chopped onion and celery in butter in a large skillet until vegetables are tender. Place vegetables and artichoke hearts in container of an electric blender; process until smooth.
- Place flour in a large Dutch oven. Gradually add chicken broth, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in artichoke mixture; cook over medium heat until bubbly. Add milk, salt, and pepper; heat thoroughly. (Do not boil.) Serve warm or chilled in individual soup bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews