This was delicious. The pound cake took on a delicious, toasty taste, and the cream cheese warmed to a gooey, tangy filling. I made this a bit less fancy for a sweet breakfast rather than a dessert (left out pineapple and whipped cream), but I can confidently say that it would make a fantastic dessert if made to recipe. I'll be making this again for my roommate and I this weekend!
Cream-Filled Grilled Pound Cake
We didn't think pound cake could get any better until Mary Allen suggested we grill it. Choose homemade, frozen, or fresh store-bought cake.
More From Southern Living
Grill: 6 Minutes
- 4 tablespoons pineapple cream cheese
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices pound cake
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Fresh strawberries and blueberries
- 1. Spread pineapple cream cheese evenly over 1 side of 4 pound cake slices. Top with remaining 4 pound cake slices.
- 2. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Top with whipped cream and berries. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings
Food & Wine