Sour Cream-Chive Potato Cakes
Elevate mashed potatoes with these easy, flavorful Sour Cream-Chive Potato Cakes. Top each Potato Cake with a dollop of sour cream and additional chopped chives.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 231
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 251mg
- 2 pounds russet potatoes (about 4 large), peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1. Place potatoes in a large pan, cover with water and stir in 1 tsp. salt. Leave uncovered and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until very tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well.
- 2. Transfer potatoes to a bowl; mash until smooth. Stir in Parmesan and butter, then chives and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper. When cool enough to handle, divide mixture into 8 portions and form into patties, each about 1 inch thick. Place on a baking sheet. (Can be made up to 24 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- 3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Warm 2 Tbsp. oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking. Add 4 patties; cook until brown, about 2 minutes per side; transfer carefully to baking sheet. Wipe out skillet. Repeat with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil and remaining patties. Bake patties until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note