Cream of Chicken-Rice Soup
Don't let a cold be the only reason you serve this chicken soup...it's perfct year 'round!
Yield: serves 16 to 20
- 4 quarts water
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Bring water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add chicken and cook until done. Remove chicken from broth to cool, reserving broth in Dutch oven.
- Meanwhile, sauté carrots, celery, onion and parsley in butter in a large skillet until tender. Add garlic and cook one minute. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Add sautéed vegetables and chicken to reserved broth. Stir in rice and salt and simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix together milk and cornstarch; add to soup. Stir until thickened.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cream of Chicken-Rice Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
- PUBLICATION: Gooseberry Patch
More Recipes for Soups/Stews