good for a grab and go kind of morning. I can see using peaches or a berry mix. And to the snarky person going by Bayjo80 1. sometimes people are running late in the morning--at least the Kashi waffle has better nutrition than plain eggos. 2. are you paying to access the site? that is why they have ads!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Waffle Sandwiches
The night before: Make filling.
In the morning: Toast waffles. Assemble sandwiches.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 269
- Fat: 9.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 10.3g
- Carbohydrate: 42.1g
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 443mg
- Calcium: 91mg
- 4 ounces 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 8 frozen multigrain waffles (such as Kashi), toasted
- 1. Place first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Gently fold in strawberries. Spread about 3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture over each of 4 waffles; top sandwiches with remaining 4 waffles.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note