This would make a great shower/tea addition. Loved the combination of textures (crunchy and creamy). The cream cheese mixture is pretty rich, so I might not spread the full amount over the crescent rolls next time. It was a little too thick for my preference.
Cream Cheese-Vegetable Squares
This appetizer is updated using broccoli slaw mix instead of chopped veggies.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 12 Minutes
Chill: 2 Hours
- 1 (8-ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (1-ounce or 1.4-ounce) envelope Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup broccoli slaw mix*
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- Press crescent roll dough into a 13- x 9-inch baking pan; press perforations to seal.
- Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until golden; cool.
- Stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise, and dressing mix; spread over crust. Sprinkle with broccoli slaw, and top with cheese; gently press into cream cheese mixture. Cover and chill at least 2 hours. Cut into squares before serving.
- *1/3 cup each of finely chopped broccoli, cauliflower, and celery may be substituted for broccoli slaw mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note