I made this for my faculty at school. They absolutely loved it. I have to say though that it took a little longer than the said 45 min. I had to lightly cover it with foil to keep it from burning. Could use a tad more lemon flavour but since I had only one lemon, that's all I could scrape from.
Cream Cheese Tube Cake
Howard L. Puckett
Jane recommends turning off the phone when you make this delicate-tasting cake. Distractions might cause you to overbeat the batter, leading to poor texture.
Yield: Makes 1 (10-inch) cake
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sifted self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Mix butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric beater until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until combined. Add flour, beating just until moistened. Stir in lemon rind and vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Lightly dust the top of cake with powdered sugar, and serve with strawberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts