I made this for my faculty at school. They absolutely loved it. I have to say though that it took a little longer than the said 45 min. I had to lightly cover it with foil to keep it from burning. Could use a tad more lemon flavour but since I had only one lemon, that's all I could scrape from.
Cream Cheese Tube Cake
Howard L. Puckett
Jane recommends turning off the phone when you make this delicate-tasting cake. Distractions might cause you to overbeat the batter, leading to poor texture.
Yield: Makes 1 (10-inch) cake
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sifted self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Mix butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric beater until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until combined. Add flour, beating just until moistened. Stir in lemon rind and vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Lightly dust the top of cake with powdered sugar, and serve with strawberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note