Cream Cheese Tarts with Fresh Fruit
Top this simple dessert with colorful fruit combinations such as blueberries and sliced kiwifruit; blackberries and sliced peaches; or chopped mango, raspberries, and pineapple.
More From Southern Living
Other: 1 Hour, 40 Minutes
- Shortbread Crusts
- 1 (10-oz.) package shortbread cookies
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted fresh fruit
- 1. Prepare Crusts: Preheat oven to 325°. Pulse cookies in a food processor 8 to 10 times or until finely crushed. Stir together crumbs and melted butter. Press crumb mixture on bottom and up sides of 6 (4-inch) tart pans with removable bottoms. Place on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 9 to 10 minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack. Let cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- 3. Meanwhile, prepare Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spoon mixture into crusts. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours. Remove tarts from pans, and top with assorted fresh fruit just before serving.
- Note: We tested with Nabisco Lorna Doone Shortbread Cookies.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note