I'm not a fan of plain scrambled eggs, but I love these! Normally I half the recipe and use 2-ounces of cream cheese. I've never used the basil and don't really like the way it sounds.
Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs
More From Southern Living
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture, and cook, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on bottom. Sprinkle cream cheese cubes evenly over egg mixture; draw a spatula across bottom of skillet to form large curds.
- Cook until eggs are thickened but still moist. (Do not stir constantly.) Remove from heat. Stir in chopped basil before serving, if desired, and garnish, if desired.
- Note: To lighten, substitute 2 cups egg substitute for eggs and 3 ounces light cream cheese for 3 ounces regular cream cheese. Proceed as directed.
- Sausage-Egg Soft Tacos: Prepare Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs as directed, substituting 1 seeded and chopped jalapeño pepper for chopped basil. Sprinkle 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas evenly with 1 1/2 cups shredded colby-Jack cheese. Top one half of each tortilla evenly with Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs and 1 (16-ounce) package cooked, drained, and crumbled ground pork sausage. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup shredded colby-Jack cheese. Fold tortillas over filling. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Makes 6 servings. Prep: 20 min., Cook: 15 min.
We used a heat-resistant spatula in preparing the eggs. A turning spatula will work too.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch