I have made this cake with butter and margarine. my family loves the cake either way
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro
Look no further for the perfect pound cake recipe. This traditional cake is extra-rich because of the cream cheese and always in style.
Yield: 1 (10-inch) cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined.
- Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe at a Glance