Cream Cheese-Pecan Pastry
Photo: Laurie Black; Styling: Chelsea Fuss
Toasted pecans are a part of this decadent Cream Cheese-Pecan Pastry that serves as the base of our Sweet Potato Tart.
This recipe goes with Sweet Potato Tart with Cream Cheese-Pecan Crust
Yield: Makes crust for 1 (11-inch) tart
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a food processor; process until well blended. Add pecans, and pulse until finely chopped. Freeze mixture 30 minutes.
- 2. Place flour mixture and butter in food processor; pulse until mixture is crumbly. Add ice water, and process until dough forms a ball and leaves sides of bowl. Flatten dough into a disk between 2 sheets of wax paper. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill 1 hour.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts