My husband made these this morning and they were a hit with the picky pancake eaters at our ouse. Added blueberries. Will definitely make these again.
Cream Cheese Pancakes
These cream cheese pancakes are light, fluffy, and oh so delicious. Serve with high-quality maple syrup for breakfast or brunch.
Yield: Makes 12 (4-inch) pancakes
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups milk
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine self-rising flour and sugar in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine egg and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges appear cooked; turn and cook other side. Serve pancakes with warm maple syrup and, if desired, bacon.
- NOTE: 1/4 cup egg substitute, skim milk, and light cream cheese may be used. Pancake batter will be thinner and will cook faster.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch