My cousin and I used to make these as children, but we made pinwheel mints" We kept half the dough white, and tinted the other half pink. You roll out each color separately to about 1/4"-3/8", then lay one on top of hte other and roll up, jellyroll fashion. blend in the long edge, and roll the long tube so it is it a uniform cylinder. Slice in 1/4 " slices. Very pretty. I also use peppermint oil, 1/8 tsp, for a stronger mint flavor.
Cream Cheese Mints
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (2-pound) package powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 drops red liquid food coloring (optional)
- Powdered sugar
- Cook cream cheese and butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Gradually stir in package of powdered sugar; stir in extract. If desired, divide mixture into 2 portions; stir 2 drops coloring into 1 portion and remaining 4 drops coloring into second portion.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Dip a 2-inch round cookie stamp or bottom of a glass into powdered sugar. Press each ball to flatten. Let stand, uncovered, 4 hours or until firm. Freeze, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This