I made this ice cream recipe last year for the Fourth of July. It was SO GOOD!!!!! I served it with red velvet cake and blueberries just like the website. The ice cream is a lot of work but so worth it!! I will definitely make it again this year. The great thing about this ice cream is that it could be served with anything that taste good with cream cheese....which is basically everything!! You will love this ice cream!!!!
Cream Cheese Ice Cream
Cream Cheese Ice Cream is decribed by one reader as a summer version of cream cheese frosting. Yum! We'll have another scoop of this thick and luscious ice cream.
More From Southern Living
Total: 9 Hours, 25 Minutes
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, cubed and softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1. Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat, and whisk in cream cheese and vanilla bean paste until cheese is melted. Cool completely (about 1 hour), stirring occasionally. Place plastic wrap directly on mixture (to prevent a film from forming), and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- 2. Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1 1/2-qt. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times may vary.) Transfer ice cream to an airtight container. Freeze 4 hours before serving.
Total time does not include freezing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note