Cream Cheese Ice Cream
Community Recipe from
- 3 cup(s) half-and-half
- 1 1/4 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 (8oz) package(s) cream cheese softened
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1. Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large, heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes, or until mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat, and whisk in cream cheese and vanilla bean paste or extract until cheese is melted. Cool completely, about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Place plastic wrap directly on mixture to prevent a film from forming, and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- 2. Pour mixture into freezer container of a 1 1/2 quart electric ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer ice cream to an air tight container. Freeze 4 hours before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cream Cheese Ice Cream Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes