I make this all the time with an angel food cake mix (grate the rind of a lemon into the batter). Easy and good.
Cream Cheese Frosting
More From Southern Living
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1. Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add lemon juice and vanilla, beating just until blended. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended.
- Lemon Curd-Filled Angel Food Cupcakes: Prepare recipe as directed through Step 3. Arrange 12 (2 1/2- x 2-inch) muffin-size paper baking molds* on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet; spoon batter into baking molds, filling almost completely full. Bake at 375º for 17 to 19 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour). Make a small hole in top of each cupcake using the handle of a wooden spoon. Spoon Lemon Curd Filling into a zip-top plastic freezer bag. Snip 1 corner of bag to make a tiny hole. Pipe a generous amount of filling into each cupcake. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting on tops of cupcakes. Garnish, if desired.
- Makes 12 cupcakes. Prep: 30 min., Bake: 17 min., Cool: 1 hr.
- *15 jumbo aluminum foil baking cups may be substituted. Place baking cups directly on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet; fill cups, and proceed as directed.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used mini round pans and Reynolds Jumbo Baking Cups.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts