Cream Cheese Filling
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 30 Minutes
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into pieces and softened
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small bowl; stir and let stand 1 minute or until softened.
- Meanwhile, combine egg yolks and next 3 ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan. Add gelatin mixture. Cook, whisking constantly, over medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes or until gelatin dissolves and mixture thickens slightly. Remove from heat, and stir in cream cheese until smooth. Stir in brandy and vanilla. Cover and cool completely; chill thoroughly. Whisk filling until creamy before use.
- Tip: To quickly cool filling, set saucepan in a large bowl of ice water. Stir often for about 5 minutes or until completely cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note