This is a dangerously good recipe! Easy to make, and the taste is old-fashioned sweetness. I will be making it again! By the way, I made it with light cream cheese, and it was yummy.
Cream Cheese-Filled Wreath
The Vanilla Glaze that's sprinkled with sparkling sugar atop Cream Cheese-Filled Wreath gives this breakfast bread its wreath-like appearance.
More From Southern Living
Total: 10 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (1/4-oz.) envelopes active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups bread flour
- Cream Cheese Filling
- Vanilla Glaze
- 1. Cook first 4 ingredients over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until butter melts. Cool until an instant-read thermometer registers to 105º to 115º (10 minutes).
- 2. Combine yeast, warm water, and 2 tsp. sugar in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream mixture and eggs; gradually stir in flour. (Dough will be soft.) Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- 3. Turn dough out onto a heavily floured surface, and knead 4 or 5 times. Roll dough into a 24- x 8-inch rectangle; spread with Cream Cheese Filling, leaving a 1-inch border around edges. Roll up dough, jelly-roll fashion, starting at 1 long side; press seam. Place, seam side down, on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bring ends of roll together to form a ring; moisten and pinch edges to seal. Cover; let rise in a warm place (85º), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle with Vanilla Glaze.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note