Cream Cheese-Filled Cinnamon Rolls
- 5 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 2 (1/4-ounce) envelopes rapid rise yeast
- 2 cups warm milk (100° to 110°)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 Reynolds Pot Lux Cookware Pan With Lid (1 1/2-quart size)
- 1 Reynolds Pot Lux Cookware Pan With Lid (9- x 12 1/2-inch size)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together 4 cups flour, cake mix, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; gradually add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. (In our Test Kitchens, we used an additional 1/2 cup on a heavily floured surface; more may be used.)
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (about 6 minutes).
- Roll to a 12- x 20-inch rectangle, and spread with cream cheese.
- Stir together sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over cream cheese; sprinkle with chopped pecans. Roll up, jellyroll fashion, starting at one long edge. Cut into 1-inch slices. Coat pans with cooking spray; place slices in pans.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 15 minutes. Place each pan in center of a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove baking sheet with pan from oven; spread warm rolls with Frosting. Let pans stand on baking sheet 2 minutes before removing.
- Note: To make ahead, freeze unbaked cinnamon rolls. Thaw completely, and bake rolls as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads