I thought this was really good. I would use less cream cheese next time though, that or more sugar.
Cream Cheese Danish
Tired of boxed cereal or drive-thru biscuits for breakfast? Wrap up one of these tasty squares and take it with you!
Yield: 20 squares
- 2 (8-ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Sifted powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Unroll 1 can of rolls; press into a lightly greased 9" x 13" pan. Beat egg yolk, cream cheese, and next 3 ingredients at medium speed of an electric beater until blended; spread mixture over dough in pan.
- 2. Unroll remaining can of crescent rolls on a sheet of wax paper; press into a 9" x 13" rectangle. Place over cream cheese mixture. Whisk egg white; brush over dough. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note