This recipe had good flavor- the lemon/cream cheese combo is great... however there is nothing to the "cookie". It needs eggs/baking soda to make it a cookie.... by the time these were done baking, they were just very thin layers of crisp, inedible butter and flour.... nice flavor but not a cookie.
Cream Cheese Cookies
Use the smallest holes of a grater to grate lemon rind; be careful not to get the bitter white flesh that's underneath the yellow skin.
Yield: Makes 4 1/2 to 5 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir together butter and cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth; stir in sugar and remaining ingredients. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 13 to 15 minutes or until light brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- NOTE: For easier stirring, allow cream cheese to soften at room temperature for 30 minutes, or unwrap and microwave for 15 to 20 seconds at HIGH.
- Cream Cheese-Chocolate Chip Cookies: Omit lemon rind, and add 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels. Bake as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This