This cake is fantastic! We added a teaspoon or two of bourbon to the icing as well. Be sure to watch the cake towards the end of the cooking time as well as to not over bake. For a full review and pics check out our blog: http://onecoupleskitchen.blogspot.com/2012/12/bourbon-coconut-cream-cheese-pound-cake.html
Cream Cheese-Coconut-Pecan Pound Cake
As if a cream cheese pound cake was not rich enough, this one goes over the top with the addition of shredded coconut and chopped pecans. And don’t forget the sugar glaze that’s drizzled over the top. For a special holiday occasion, garnish the cake plate with sugared rosemary sprigs and sugared cranberries.
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Powdered Sugar Glaze (optional)
- Sugared Rosemary (optional)
- Sugared Cranberries (optional)
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until the yellow yolk disappears.
- Sift together flour and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with bourbon, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat batter at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla, pecans, and coconut. Pour batter into a greased and floured 12-cup tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour and 35 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
The bourbon gives this pound cake a wonderful aroma and flavor, but you may substitute an equal amount of milk, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts